THIS COURSE IS INCLUDED FOR FREE IN THE
ROGUE ANIMATOR PRO
Learn how to practice animation even if you don’t know how to draw
This course is divided in 3 parts:
- Theory (Secrets to do awesome animation with no drawing skills, and how to make interesting characters no matter how simple they look)
- Rigging (A series of tutorials that teaches you how to rig a character step by step)
- Animation (Another series of tutorials that teaches you how to animate body language for simple characters)
There are a couple of things you need to understand to achieve simple animations.
- Body Language
- Emotional Expression
- Character Relationships
- What makes a good story
And for your character, you only need a Body, Arms, Legs and a Mouth. Eyes are optional.
If a simple circle has personality, people will watch it.
Our personal purpose is to help anyone interested in Animation to start practicing with little projects, simple Characters, and most of all, explore the expressiveness of their Body Language and Character Acting.
Many people seldom to start learning 2D animation because they are convinced that you need to know how to draw.
While drawing skills can help you to improve, that is not the essential skill to do animation. For animation you need to understand the most basic principles in animation, like timing, anticipation, pose to pose.
Concepts that Thomas and Johnson, 2 of the animation masters in Disney talk about in their famous book, Illusion of Life.
This course puts those basic concepts into practice and also explains step by step how to achieve great body language when a character is talking.
What you will get:
- Lifetime Access to all the Lessons: This is not a membership course. We offer a 1 time payment to have full access to all the lessons, and if you claim your spot, you will have everything for free.
- Downloadable Project Files: You can download the project files to follow along with the tutorials and practice on your own. Heck! You can even skip the Theory and start with Animation!
- Access to Student Discussions: In here you will be able to share any ideas or projects you are currently working on with other fellow students, and even ask for help when needed.
- Step by Step In Depth Explanations: The course covers everything from Theory to Practice. You will learn how to set up your characters and why; with tutorials to help you animate them.
- Printable Workbooks: Thanks to all the feedback from all the students in our other courses, we decided to add Practical Guides that will help you set your characters easier.
- Full HD Video Tutorials: All the lessons were recorded in Full HD so you can see every detail and every step of the process. Every click and every keyboard stroke is shown.
What are the requirements?
- You don't have to know anything, this is a STARTER. But some experience in After Effects helps.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Design Simple Characters
- Do Character Animation, expressing with body language
What is the target audience?
- Absolute beginners who don't have any drawing skills and would like to learn animation.
- Not for students with a lot of experience in Character Animation
Has more than 10,000 hours of constant improvement in educational strategies.
His main role is to research the best educational methods and design the lessons and exercises.
In charge of testing the instructions with beginners and find a method that get results to people with no skills.
Preview01. Who Is Better Short Film (3:03)
Start02. Getting the Project Files
Preview03. Introduction (1:31)
Preview04. Two Secrets To Do Awesome Animations (2:26)
Preview05. Example of Simple and Interesting (2:45)
Start06. Interesting Character in a Good Story (2:11)
Preview07. Analyzing Who Is Better (2:53)
Start08. Review of Getting Started PDF
Start13. Designing Characters With Geometric Shapes (2:58)
Preview14. Body Language From Geometric Shapes (4:09)
Start15. Expressing With The Mouth (2:58)
Start16. Working With References (2:07)
Start17. Designing Simple Characters (4:25)
Start18. Klay Tutorials
Start19. Review of Character Design PDF